Steps for a Healthy Diet. Step 2: Eat Bread. Healthy Bread.
Eating healthy can seem like a daunting task, especially when it comes to bread. Many people believe that bread is off-limits when trying to maintain a healthy diet, but this doesn't have to be the case. With a few simple changes, you can enjoy bread as part of a healthy diet.
- Choose whole grain breads. Whole grain breads are made from whole grains, which are high in fiber and nutrients. They also have a lower glycemic index, which means they won't cause a spike in blood sugar. Look for breads that are made with 100% whole wheat or whole grains.
- Avoid breads with added sugar. Many breads, especially those found in the grocery store, contain added sugar. This can add unnecessary calories and contribute to weight gain. Look for breads that have no added sugars or sweeteners.
- Check the ingredients list. When buying bread, take a look at the ingredients list. The first ingredient listed should be a whole grain, and the list should be relatively short. Avoid breads that contain a lot of preservatives, additives, and artificial ingredients.
- Make your own bread. Making your own bread can be a fun and rewarding experience. It also allows you to control the ingredients and ensure that the bread is made with whole grains and no added sugars. There are many easy bread recipes available online.
- Pair bread with nutrient-dense foods. Eating bread with nutrient-dense foods, such as avocado, hummus, or nut butter, can help to increase the nutritional value of your meal. This will also help you to feel full longer, reducing the need to snack on unhealthy foods.
In conclusion, bread doesn't have to be off-limits when trying to eat healthy. By choosing whole grain breads, avoiding breads with added sugar, checking the ingredients list, making your own bread, and pairing bread with nutrient-dense foods, you can enjoy bread as part of a healthy diet. So, it is better to be cautious and choose healthy options while eating bread. Now, you might be saying: ‘Wait, but this is step 2?’ You’re absolutely right. Here’s your Step 1: get yours from Freshly Baked by Origin Bakery: Your Healthier Choice.